|Senior Support Program of the Tri-Valley has many volunteer opportunities. Most of them are within the Friendly Visitor program and the Nutrition and Exercise programs
Within the Friendly Visiting Program:
- Friendly Visitor – matched with a senior to be a friend, help with reading, shopping, going for a drive, playing games, etc.
- Group projects to do work on seniors’ homes – heavy cleaning, yard work, painting and repairs.
- Events – help with luncheons, Holiday gifts and baskets, fundraisers, outreaches.
- Office help – filing, shredding, mailings, computer data entry, etc.
- Telephone reassurance – Make phone calls to seniors to monitor their status and update their records.
Please contact Lorie Rohloff at 925-931-5388 or firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more information
Within the Nutrition and Exercise Program:
- Volunteer exercise class assistant – Help guide seniors in gentle exercise classes at senior apartments in Livermore, Pleasanton and Dublin.
- Volunteer nutrition class assistant – Help provide essential nutritional information to seniors in classes at senior apartments in Livermore, Pleasanton and Dublin.
Please contact Nancy Bennett at 925-931-5382 or email@example.com to find out more information
Within the Transportation Program:
- Volunteer drivers – Drive seniors to both Tri-Valley and out of area appointments.
- Volunteer escorts – Ride paratransit with frail seniors and escort them to appointments.
Please contact Jennifer Cullen at 925-931-5387 or firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more information